Land Use Option 1 - Intense Development
- 100' minimum river setback plus 4.5 acres of riverfront parks (in green).
- A 2.5 acre marina between Salmon and Taylor Streets preserves the
view of Mt. Hood from Salmon Street Springs on the west side. The
aquarium (in purple) sits on the north side of the marina.
- Mid-rise housing of 4 - 7 stories between the 100' setback and
1st Avenue (in orange). Residential and hotel towers (in brown)
of up to 12 stories are planned in certain locations.
- OMSI and the new PCC campus at the south end (in purple).
- A mix of uses within new and old buildings between 1st Avenue
and 3rd Avenue and along the enhanced streets (in blue and orange hatching).
- Grocery stores at Hawthorne and 1st and Stark and MLK (in red).
- A dense corridor of employment (in blue) along the MLK/Grand
couplet, mixing historic buildings with new buildings similar
in scale to those found in the Lloyd District.
- Retail corridors along Hawthorne, Stark, MLK, Grand and a
portion of Water Avenue between the marina and Hawthorne (strips of red).
- Smart-park garages with ground floor retail at approximately half
mile intervals (in pink).
- Light industrial and manufacturing remain the primary land
use east of 7th Avenue (in gray).